It seems like just a few weeks ago we were still enjoying the warm days of summer. This morning I woke up and it was November. How did that happen? Halloween came and went in the blink of an eye. Stores went from displays of orange and brown to festive red and green overnight. We are officially staring down Thanksgiving which kicks off the 2015 holiday season.
If you haven’t done so already, it’s time to prepare your independent pharmacy for the holidays. Here are a few quick to do items for you to get started with this week.
- Order replacement gift cards. They take a while to get as we approach the holidays, so the sooner the better. Studies have shown that gift cards are increasingly becoming the hot holiday gift!
- Make sure new staff is trained in use of your pharmacy technology. Many pharmacies have to hire seasonal help. Make sure they not only understand pharmacy policy and procedure, but also how to use your pharmacy POS system. Nothing irritates customers like unnecessary slowdowns at the register.
- Make a backup plan. The holiday season is crazy busy for everyone. But with the holidays comes winter weather. Make sure you will be prepared for inclement weather and to continue serving customers by creating a disaster plan and sharing it with your staff.
Check out these past blog articles on preparing for the holidays. They have some great tips to get you ready for the most profitable holiday season yet.
- 8 ways to prepare for Black Friday in your independent pharmacy
- 7 ways to brighten the holiday season in your pharmacy