Care is at the core of every pharmacy. It takes countless forms and manifests in different ways throughout every customer interaction. This is what pharmacy does. It isn’t just about filling a prescription. And it never has been.
Pharmacy teams already do an amazing job providing excellent care to everyone who walks through their door. Or pulls up to curbside delivery, accepts discharge delivery,calls in a delivery order, or pulls through the drive-thru window.
That doesn’t mean there isn’t always room for improvement.
There are a growing number of opportunities to take patient care to a new level. Improving the experience of pharmacy customers by helping them with new pieces of their overall wellness puzzle.
Tools for patient care
Prescriptions are filled behind the scenes, but patient care happens at the point-of-service. POS based tools are key for delivering next level care. Here are some things to look for:
- Supplement recommendations based on prescription induced nutrient depletion, at the point-of-service.
- Easy patient safety features like additional prescriptions for pickup, will-call management, and date of birth verification.
- Flexible methods for providing service where your customers are. Think curbside, drive-thru, delivery, meds-to-beds and line busting.
Having the right tools at the point-of-service is only half the battle. You need to build out processes, workflows, and provide training to your pharmacy team. This creates consistency in every customer experience.
This may seem like a tall order. It’s hard to find time, encourage engagement, and gain buy in. Here are some tips to try:
- Take change in small bites. It’s much easier to accomplish change incrementally than all at once.
- Engage your vendor partners for advice, tailored training and resources.
- Use the data in your POS system to evaluate changes and adjust as needed. Not every change will stick to the wall so it’s important to identify your desired outcomes and monitor data to see what’s working and what’s not.
- Get a boost by attending the CLIMB Virtual Summit. Keep reading to learn more!
In just 4 weeks, we’ll be taking a deep dive into the concept of Care in your pharmacy. Pharmacist and founder of Solutions Rx, Chris Cornelison will share how managing prescription induced nutrient depletion with the right supplements improves patient compliance, outcomes, and satisfaction. Need more? How about an increase in your pharmacy profitability? Chris and a team of top-notch speakers are gearing up to help you build the best pharmacy business. Register for CLIMB today. Free with Code RMSBLOG.